Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tula love ♥

For three months now I've been obsessing over the Tula Emma Mai. The fabric is oh-so-similar to the pattern on the card box and stationery I used for my wedding, and since the carrier is called Emma (my name) Mai (a Japanese girls name I love), I felt like this carrier was fated to be mine.

The last time I wrote on this blog, I was entering a competition to win a Tula carrier. I didn't win, which is actually a blessing in disguise because the prize was a stretchy wrap. Now that Elliott is a heavy toddler a stretchy wrap is not appropriate for him at all. Amazingly, I won a 40% discount at the Tula store instead. Yay!

It took a while to convince my husband that we need a carrier for Elliott anymore seeing as he already knows how to walk and weighs 24 pounds (11kg). Luckily my friend Erica from Everything Mom and Baby had one my husband could try on, and even he noticed the difference in support between the toddler sized Tula and our Beco Gemini.

Summer is almost here and I really want to take Elliott outside the city to explore nature. I would love a repeat performance of his face when he saw a goat at Riverdale Farm last year:


Riverdale Farm is accessible by the Toronto transit system, but it involves a tram ride. We've learned the hard way that our stroller and trams don't really mix well... With Elliott on my back in a Tula we will have no trouble getting around!

I am also hoping to take Elliott to Leslie Spit, which we have not been back to since he was born. We will take him to the Beaches (also involving a trip on the dreaded tram), and to High Park. I would also like to properly escape the city and take Elliott hiking in the Tula, so please leave me a message with your favourite hiking spots around the GTA!

Without further ado, here is a photo of us trying out our new toddler sized Tula. I love it because Elliott feels so weightless that I actually forgot he was on my back for a while!

Me (at our local sling meet): "Has anyone seen Elliott??"
*A roomful of lovely mamas looks frantically about*
Mama friend: "Uhh... He's on your back!"

(^o^)

The photo above also shows you my card box (bottom left corner) and wedding stationery (above the card box) contrasted with the Tula Emma Mai fabric on the right. Cool huh?!!

3 comments:

  1. Everyone is amazed at how weightless it is. 2 moms today said the same thing when they tried on Tula.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been contemplating about the Tula... I have heard so much good things about the carrier. :-D Unfortunately I didn't really know what a Tula was when I got my kinderpack a few months ago. Fortunately I got the infant size and I'm ready to upgrade. The Emma Mai is beautiful! Congrats on your new Tula! :-D

    ReplyDelete