Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Details

I don't mean to hold you all in suspense, but I need time to try and organise our main room before I make a post about it!

Today's post is about details.

We had lived in our loft a few days before I even knew this little cupboard existed:



I haven't decided what I want to use it for yet. The green machine above the cupboard is our rice cooker.

Our loft has a hammock! I'm not sure if all the lofts have hammocks... I'm curious to meet other residents and ask them. Baby Elliott is sometimes soothed by the rocking. He's a changeable wee fellow though, the hammock doesn't always work.



Below is our super duper water heating machine. It can tell you how much water you've used in a day. I am embarrassed to say that today we used 400 litres. How is that possible?!! In our apartment in Toronto the previous tenants left little stickers in the bathroom and kitchen that say "A dripping tap wastes up to 70 litres a day". I must check to make sure we don't have any leaking taps here...



I posted about the floor previously. It is made of concrete and has little stones in it. So far I haven't cleaned the bumpy floor, but the front office told us that we can just use the vacuum cleaner provided. (Our loft is a short stay loft, so all the things you need to live comfortably are in place before you arrive). I noticed today that in just over a week my house shoes have been torn to shreds by the bumpy floor. I wonder what it will do to the vacuum cleaner? Maybe it's a good excuse not to clean so often...

1 comment: