Monday, February 14, 2011

Sleep

Since having Elliott I have become obsessed with sleep. When can we get it, how much of it is the baby getting. Is he sleeping in the right place at the right time. Are we setting him up with bad "sleep associations"?

Last week I decided not to care. I let Elliott sleep where he wanted at whatever time he wanted. On the first day of this experiment he stayed up all day. It was quite frightening to see. The second day we were out most of the day, so he slept soundly in the Beco and even more soundly by my side in the futon at night. The third day he slept a few minutes in his baby futon, but mostly in my arms. Today, the same... Not a lot gets done around the house when I let Elliott sleep in my arms, but he's so cute how could I let him be anywhere else?!

Here is Elliott with me, watching our new TV in the round room:



Here is Elliott with Grant, trying to sleep in the hammock:



And here's Elliott's favourite place to sleep, in the Beco while we're out of the house!
(As requested by Mrs. Maihi's class, it's a photo of me and Elliott outside the Reversible Destiny Lofts. Our round room is the brown section above my head)

7 comments:

  1. "Not a lot gets done around the house when I let Elliott sleep in my arms, but he's so cute how could I let him be anywhere else?!"

    So very true! And I have a feeling that in 10 or 20 years, I'll never remember how messy my house was... but I'll always cherish those mama-baby cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being obsessing with getting sleep. I was an hour-counting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *obsessed (clearly still am not getting enough) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Emma we have a display of photos on our wall - of the lofts and we found yours on one of the pictures! :)

    The class would also like to know what kind of TV programmes you get there and if any are in English.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, so true!
    Jenny, you're too kind...
    Claire, glad to know I'm not the only one!
    Room 3 - It's so cool that you are studying the lofts. I watch mainly what they call "variety" shows. It's usually celebrities talking and making jokes. Sometimes they travel or play tricks on each other... every show is different. I also like to watch a show called "Geki Teki Before After". It's similar to Extreme Home Makeover, but the people aren't in desperate need and they don't demolish the whole house, they just restore it. There are lots of cartoons on at around 7pm, because Japanese kids have to go to cram school after proper school and that's when they get to relax a bit! I also watch the news a bit, to learn difficult Japanese words :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far I haven't found any English TV shows, but when I lived here before I had cable so there were movie channels and stuff in English.

    ReplyDelete