Monday, February 28, 2011

Futons

Things I have learned about futons in the eight years I've lived in Japan:

1. If you don't fold up your futon every day, it will grow mould on the bottom...
2. If you don't hang your futon in the sun often, it will grow mould on the bottom...
3. Forgetting your futon outside on a rainy day is an expensive mistake!
4. Futons are not comfortable unless you have a tatami room.
5. Futons are especially uncomfortable on concrete floors.

Unfortunately I still often forget these things! I take naps with Elliott during the day, so often my futon doesn't get folded up at all. We have been in our loft for a month, and I only just hung our futons on the balcony to air this weekend. Hopefully they won't grow mould?!

Elliott sleeping in my futon:



Our futons hanging on the balcony. I haven't seen other residents hanging their futons on their front balconies, so hopefully it's OK! Arakawa + Gins say that the lofts come alive when people live in them, so we'll say it's OK to hang futons on the front of the building!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. futon couch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on thesubject. Actually excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort. bandarq online tepercaya

    ReplyDelete